Our Medical Weight Loss Programs
There is no single answer to losing weight. Therefore we use several evidence based treatments to help our patients lose weight. Your effort coupled with our education and support will help you achieve your weight loss goals.
We offer the following programs for weight loss:
- Optifast Full Meal Replacement Program: This is a medically monitored weight loss program clinically proven to get results. Meal replacements allow patients to consume much fewer calories while providing all of the protein, vitamins, and minerals needed for the day. Patients achieve an average weight loss of 3-4 lbs a week or 40- 50 lbs over 18-24 weeks, an average 14% decrease in cholesterol and an average 11% decrease in blood pressure.
- Optifast Partial Meal Replacement Program: This program allows you to combine one calorie controlled meal of your own with the Optifast meal replacements. The average weight loss achieved is 1-2 lbs per week. This is a good option for patients requiring modest weight loss.
- Portion and Calorie Control Program: For those patients who prefer to cook their own healthy meals, we will design a program that focuses on your daily caloric intake and portions along with exercise and stress management recommendations. The average weight loss achieved is 1-2 lbs per week.
- FDA Approved Medications: While we believe in the “food as medicine” philosophy of Hippocrates, we also realize that certain chronic medical conditions such as obesity, diabetes and hypertension may require medications in addition to diet and exercise. Therefore we may use FDA approved medications to support you in your weight loss goals. We may combine medications with the Optifast meal replacement programs or the portion and calorie control program to create an individualized program just for you.
Our weight loss programs consist of the following visits:
- Medical evaluation and follow-up visits as necessary
- Weekly group weight loss sessions which focus on behavioral, exercise and dietary topics
- Weekly mindfulness meditation classes which help you manage stress and anxiety
- Monthly cooking classes which show you how to cook healthy meals